Whole Sweet Potato with Walnut, Chilli and Tahini Dressing
A tender sweet potato filled with walnuts, chilli and red onion served with a tangy tahini sauce.
- Makes: 4
- Cooking Time: 1 hr 20 mins
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- 2 cups coriander leaves
- ½ cup mint leaves, shredded
- 4 large sweet potatoes
Ingredients - Tahini Sauce
- 1 clove garlic
- 400ml greek yogurt
- ½ cup tahini
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
Ingredients - Filling
- 1 red onion, very finely chopped
- 4 long red chillies, finely chopped
- 150g walnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons sumac
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- Preheat the BBQ to a low heat. Wash the sweet potato and lightly rub with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place on the BBQ hot plate, closing the lid of the BBQ and cook for 1 hour, or until tender, turning half way.
- Place filling ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- When the sweet potatoes are tender remove from the BBQ, split them down the centre, but not all the way through, and divide mixture between them.
- Return filled potatoes to the BBQ for another 20 minutes.
- Serve potatoes with a generous dollop of tahini dressing and top with herbs.